Digital marketing campaign for hotel refers to the promotion of a hotel’s brand,products and offerings via online platforms. Digital marketing plan for hotels includes several strategies like Social Media Marketing (SMM) for hotels andSearch Engine Optimization (SEO). While SMM helps you get more out of your presence on social media platforms, SEO makes your hotel website rank higheron Search Engine Results Page (SERP). You can also consider looking at video marketing as part of your digital marketing campaign for hotel.
Let’s look at some of the ways you can strengthen the digital marketing campaignfor your hotel so that you get to witness increased direct bookings.
- 1. Hotel Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing
- You have a boutique hotel in SanFrancisco, California, and you want to get more direct bookings via your website. For this, you need your target audience to visityour website. This is where Hotel SEO strategy will help you in your effort. Hotel SEO is all about the search engine optimization of your hotel website. Done with the right approach and strategy, Hotel Search Engine Optimization improves yourhotel’s website rank (organic search) on search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- 2. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for Hotels
- SEM refers to paid ad campaigns that are found above organic listings on search pages. Here too, you need to focus your target on a set of keywords that potential guests may use while searching for your hotel. The next step is to bid for those keywords. With Google, you need to bid for those keywords through Google Ads. Different search engines have their own ads platform. You can choose your SEM Search Engine Marketing campaign on Pay-Per-Click (PPC) model in which youneed to pay every time your ad gets a click.
- 3. Social Media Marketing (SMM) for Hotels
- Social media marketing is another important form of digital marketing. It is the process that helps your hotel gain visibility for your brand to attract more bookings for your hotel via social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and others. Today, in this age of digital travel, a large percentage of travelers turnto social media platforms to find hotels that match their expectations.
- 4. Video Marketing for Hotels
For hoteliers, video as a platform has now become a popular marketing medium.You can use videos on your website and social media pages to promote your brand and services while efficiently engaging with your audience. Adding a video to your website increases the likelihood of your website to appear on the firstpage of google search. Here too, like your website page content, you need to add a video description with the relevant keywords. This is called Video SEO, and thishelps improve the ranking and visibility of your videos in video search engines like Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc