The Indian restaurant industry has kept on growing throughout the year. This increase is accompanied by increasing competition. The Indian restaurant sector is very competitive, in reality, and it is important for restaurants to adopt state-of-the-art trends and innovations to stay ahead of the competition and to grow their enterprises. Some of the best restaurants that have continuously expanded over the years are those that follow the latest industry trends and restaurants. Restaurants can provide new, exciting customers and keep them going for more by adopting the latest trends.
Top emerging restaurants trends in 2020
- Table Dine-in Ordering
- Table Dine-In systems enable customers to view and place commands on the entire menu. No waiters should genuinely take orders from each table. It tends to be finished with the assistance of Digital menus, which legitimately pass requests to the kitchens. In order to attract consumers when their order is being processed and shipped, these systems are incorporated even with entertainment features. Such systems minimize the turnaround time of the table, accommodate more customers, and provide enhanced service.
- Owned Mobile App Restaurant
- 44 percent of consumers reported placing a food order via a website or restaurant app in the last year, according to the National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) 2019 report. It illustrates the value of having a mobile app that makes it easy for customers to position orders. Not only do smartphone devices raise orders but brand recognition.
The other advantages of built-in mobile apps include increased user coverage, improved client experience, targeted consumer deals, trouble-free order management, and better return visits. A lot of restaurant chains that sell liquor in-house make the ordering of drinks from the dinner apps simpler for customers. Even restaurant workers are benefiting from mobile technology. It makes the management of operations straightforward, accurate, and quick.
- Purchase of handheld orders
- The traditional print-and-paper order collection will quickly disappear as restaurants understand the importance of handheld devices for ordering. Handheld devices like tablets and mobile billing applications save considerable time on each order. The server orders are reflected in POS systems directly. These handheld devices can also take advantage of the entire order history of individual customers as they are well incorporated into the overall restaurant management network.
The use of handheld devices dramatically reduces the table turnaround time. Restaurants may take additional orders in exchange. There are two great advantages. First of all, servers need not relay KOTs to the kitchen manually. Secondly, as soon as the order is issued, the chefs can start preparing the dish to improve both service time and the use of staff.
- Kitchen Display Systems (KDS)
- Due to their huge contribution to consistency and effectiveness nowadays kitchen display systems have become very popular in the restaurant industry This technology enables the restaurant's staff and the staff at the kitchen to be effectively communicating. The restaurant management system is directly linked to both dine-in and online orders on the Internet / mobile device or from third-party aggregators. New POS terminals with kitchen display systems are very well integrated. This effective incorporation guarantees that food storage and supply are compatible across the whole restaurant chain. Restaurants can rest assured that quality, speed, and performance are never compromised with Kitchen Display Systems in place.
The rising technological changes in restaurants will improve productivity and broaden the customer base without disrupting the restaurant's core features.